Nothing feels more quintessentially Spanish than doing a tapas crawl around Ibiza old town (Dalt Vila), it is also a great way to get to explore the old town which has history dating back over 2500 years and is now a Unesco world heritage site. Make sure you pack your camera as you won’t want to miss out on the numerous photo opportunities.
The idea of the tapas crawl is to hop from bar to bar, enjoying small bites like croquetas, Jamón ibérico, pan con tomate or anything else that looks mouth watering. We’ve eaten our way around the tapas bars of Ibiza old town and here are our top recommendations:
Our favourite bar and tapas crawl in Ibiza town
- Start in style at S’Escalinata for sunset drinks and tapas. We love sinking into their plush bean bags on the cobbled stairs in the Old Town and sipping on fresh fruit cocktails as the sun goes down. It really is a magical place, and one of our favourite bars in the whole of Ibiza.
- After sunset, we head to Petit Vermut, the island’s first vermuteria (vermouth bar) to sample some of their aged Vermouth’s or a Negroni with a few homemade tapas.
- Next stop is one of the best cocktail bars in Ibiza – Boodiou. This was a recent discovery for us, the cocktails are amongst the most interesting and creative on the island and the venue is dimly lit and trendy. The passionate owners/mixologists really know their stuff. They also run special events and supper clubs, so its worth keeping an eye on their Instagram.
- Paradise Lost is next on the bar crawl. Sink into one of their leather sofas and enjoy the best rum inspired cocktails in Ibiza, each served in unique glasses/goblets. They make a mean rum Espresso Martini called the Kingstone Express, and their Zombie might just finish you off. Open all year round, and with music based on collaboration with local artists, its always worth visiting Paradise Lost. They accept booking for large groups as well.
- If the night is still young, we’ll finish with tapas, wine and a lively atmosphere at Can Terra or La Bodega – both stay open until around 2am. You can’t book, but they normally get you seated quickly.