Beaches, beds and island beats
In the Caribbean sunshine, surrounded by towering palm trees, there’s nowhere we’d rather be than sipping chilled cocktails at St Barts best beach clubs. Think long lunches, lazy afternoons on a sunbed and feeling as at home sporting a Birkin as you do a bikini. Follow our guide to find the perfect spot in paradise – and don’t forget to book ahead during peak season.
Feasting on the beach
For a luxurious long lunch and cocktails with a chilled vibe head to The Sand Bar at Eden Rock, La Cabane at Isle De France, Amis Plage at Le Barthélemy or Le Toiny Beach Club. You can expect exceptional food and service at all of them. Shellona Beach has fast become one of our favourite spots on the island. Located on Shell Beach in Gustavia, it serves up delicious Greek food with a live DJ and one of the best sunsets on the island.
We came here to party
As the sun begins to set, a different set of beach clubs come into their own. Pearl Beach is known for its special live DJ events, including the Saturday night Bikini Party, a Sunday night BBQ on the beach and monthly Mexican Party. For a day of champagne-fuelled hedonism, there’s only really one club for us – the world famous Nikki Beach. We even spotted Leonardo DiCaprio last time we joined the party. The extremely popular “Amazing Sundays” party is not to be missed, you’ll need to book at least a few weeks in advance to reserve your table or beach bed.
New for 2021
Located on St Jean beach the owners of Villa Marie St Barth have opened a “Bohemian Beach Club” called Gyp Sea Beach. With an exciting menu of BBQ dishes, rum cocktails and a live DJ its a very exciting addition to the St Barts beach club scene. The hotel Christopher have also opened a new feet in the sand venue called Rivyera Plage, we recommend their famous “Rockefeller” burger.
Our favourite cocktail at our top beach clubs in St Barts:
- Mezcaloma @ Nikki Beach – Mezcal, grapefruit & lime juice, home-made hibiscus syrup and hibiscus salt rim
- Chili Chili Bang Bang @ Sand Bar – Jalapeño infused tequila, passoa liqueur, and lime juice
- Passion Fruit Margarita @ Pearl Beach – Tequila, passionfruit, and triple sec
- Pina Colada @ La Cabane – Coconut infused rum, coconut cream and fresh pineapple
- White Peach Bellini @ Le Toiny Beach Club – White peach puree and prosecco
- Sunset Negroni @ Shellona Beach – Gin, vermouth and campari
- Spice is nice @ Gyp Sea Beach – Jalapeño infused tequila, kumquat, papaya/mango puree with lime